Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Festivities Part 2

I had planned on doing a fun Christmas activity advent all of December but sickness plagued this sweet boy and it became too difficult to do a fun activity everyday.  We ended up missing quite a few days and didn't do all of our fun activities.  I will try it again next year.  Carter had the flu and was sick for eight days.  It was heartbreaking!  We managed doing a couple of our fun activities during that time but they weren't quite as fun for him as they could have been.  He just didn't feel well.
One of our activities was making Christmas cards for our mailman and bank lady who always gives Carter stickers.
 

Madelynn loves playing in Carter's room and goes in there all by herself multiple times during the day.  I have lost her a few times and had to go looking for her.  I can usually find her in his room.





New Christmas jammies before heading out to see the Keizer lights as one of our fun Christmas activities.





















We even brought Max with us to look at lights.  Carter loved this part almost more than the actual lights.  He even got to hold Max on his lap in his carseat for quite a while and now asks to hold Max multiple times a day.  Poor Max.



We had planned on taking the kids to Buffalo Wild Wings for cheap wings one evening but Carter woke up from his nap still not feeling well (after five or six days of sickness).  So instead we picked it up and ate it at home...


This is our favorite thing right now! Their boneless wings are so good and are cheap on Thursday nights.  This has been a frequent date night for us lately.  And now we have gift cards so it is time to go again!



Another activity was taking Carter to dinner (at McDonalds) and then shopping so he could pick out a Christmas present for Madelynn.  He did a great job and picked out this cute dolly for her.  He was very proud of his dolly and loved giving it to her on Christmas morning. 



These pictures are out of order but these are pictures of us decorating our tree.  Carter actually was old enough to really help hang the ornaments this year which was very special for us.  This was his very first ornament that he did himself. 




Looking at some of our special ornaments and telling him about them.





Another Christmas activity.  We made a Christmas tree out of gumdrops.  He liked eating the gumdrops but wasn't super interested in actually putting them on the tree.  



I ended up doing most of it by myself.  Oh well.  Live and learn.  Next year he will probably be interested in completely different types of activities.


Another activity was making snowflakes and hanging them all over his bedroom.  He liked cutting paper on my paper cutter but obviously didn't actually make the snowflakes.  My aunt Lori was in town and was actually over visiting and helped me make all of the snowflakes.  I didn't realize how time consuming making that many snowflakes actually was.  I also didn't realize that I really had no idea how to make them.  The first one I tried came out square.  Oops.  I learned a lot and thankfully had my aunt who remembered more than I did.  



Another funny sleeping position.  Carter is always making us laugh with all of the positions he likes to sleep in. 



Looking at all of his snowflakes.  He went out with my mom for a couple hours so we hung them while he was gone.  He loved it. 



We also turned our fridge into Frosty the Snowman.  


 
We may not have done 25 activities like I had planned but we sure had fun with the activities we did do.  I loved spending that time each day with Carter.  It was special mommy/Carter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment