Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christmas Eve

Madelynn FINALLY likes bath time!  It only took 8 1/2 months for a bath or shower where she didn't scream the entire time.  Yay! 
 


Family story time...
I love how Carter always had his arms around her.  They sure love each other.  He bugs her sometimes but he loves her so much too. 






And poor Max...Carter loves him a little too much right now and won't leave him alone.  He is always asking me to hold him so I pick Max up and hand him to Carter.  Thankfully Max is a trooper.  He doesn't like it but he deals with it for a few minutes before squeezing himself out of Carter's grip.





Christmas Eve...
We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church and dressed the kids up in their new Christmas outfits.  Since Carter was puking the morning of his little mini program at church this was the first time wearing their new outfits.  



Waiting for dinner so that he could then open presents.  We did Christmas Eve with my mom after the church service.  We always make soup and then do presents together.  









I LOVE how they are playing together in the next few pictures.  This is why I wanted multiple kids.  I want them to be best friends and always have each other!






Time for presents...
A new DVD from Grandma.




New books from Grandma



My new scarf from my mom



Carter's new puzzle from Grandma.  Funny story about this firetruck puzzle.  My mom and then kids and I were at Carter's up at Woodburn Outlet a couple weeks before Christmas.  They had this puzzle and Carter picked it up and was telling us that he wanted it.  I told him that we couldn't get it this time and that he needed to put it back.  Typically he is perfect about this.  He has many normal two year old issues but not this one.  Usually when I tell him to put something back in the store, he does it just fine.  Not this time!  He went with the puzzle and hid on the floor behind a rack of clothes.  And when I tried to get him to get up and put it away, he even threw a mini temper tantrum.  It wasn't anything major and he snapped out of it pretty quick but it was more than he had really done before.  My mom then whispered in my ear that she had actually bought him that exact same puzzle for Christmas and he would be opening it on Christmas Eve.  He probably didn't deserve that puzzle after that but I just thought it was cute that he wanted something so bad and that he was already going to get it.  





Madelynn loved Carter's puzzle too and wouldn't leave it alone.  




Jay got a Kindle from my mom.  Carter loves this gift just as much as Jay.




 
Carter's new dump truck from Grandma.  He loves this!  It drives and makes all kinds of sounds.






This cute little reindeer (and a polar bear for Madelynn) was from one of Carter's teachers at church.
 


My new sign from my mom.



Digging in the stocking looking for goodies...




No comments:

Post a Comment