Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thankfulness

#8...I am thankful for my parents.  They have loved me my whole life, supported me and my decisions, and provided a happy and healthy environment to grow up in.  I am so thankful that my parents faith was a priority for them and they passed that down to me.  I am thankful they made it possible for me to go to college and come out of it debt free.  It was because of them that I was able to teach for five years and start a career in a field I love.  It was because of my career and the school I worked at that I met my husband.  It all leads back to something my parents made possible for me.  And today, with two young kids, I am so thankful for who they are and what they mean to my kids.  My kids adore their grandparents (not just my parents, but all of them).  Carter calls my mom Grandma with no turtles (because she doesn't have turtles and another grandma does) and he calls my dad Grandpa who loves the Giants.  He came up with these names completely on his own and they have stuck.  Most kids come up with names like nana and papa...nope, not my kids.  :)  I am so thankful for my mom and how often she watches our kids.  She makes it possible for me to sub and bring in a little income which in turn makes it possible for me to be a stay at home mom.  What a gift!  She has also been so helpful with my master's program and watching the kids so I can do homework.  I know what a true blessing that is.  I know I would be capable of doing my Master's without help but it would have been a nightmare!  I am thankful for my dad and stepmom who love to watch the kids so Jay and I can go out on dates frequently.  What a blessing!  I know what a gift it is to live in the same town as my parents and have so much help in raising my kids.  I am very thankful and I am sure I don't say it enough to them. 

#9...I am thankful for my new family (of almost five years) that were gifted to me through marriage.  I am thankful for Jay's family who have taken me in as their daughter.  Sadly, we don't get to see many of them often enough but yet I know they love me and love my kids.  Jay's mom is always willing to spend time with our kids too and loves them very much.  And our family in Iowa may not get to babysit much but they too adore our kids and bless and spoil them as often as they can!  We are blessed with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment