Saturday, November 16, 2013

Give Thanks...

#10...I am thankful for friends.  I have some wonderful friends.  I have made so many new friends since becoming a mom.  One more reason to be thankful that God allowed me to be a mama.  I am thankful for my friends who are also mama's and who go through similar challenges, trials, joys, and fun as I do and that we can share that common bond.  I am not always an amazing friend because I often get caught up in my world and all that is going on that I forget to encourage, reach out, help, or just invite over.  Even when I am not at my best in that area I am so grateful for friends who love me anyway and encourage me still. 

#11...I am thankful for my church.  I have literally been a part of Bethany Baptist Church for 30 years.  I actually had to tell a small group of people this recently for a "get to know you" activity at a church leadership meeting and a couple of them thought I was joking.  I was born into this church and have never regularly attended any other church.  I love Bethany and the people in it.  I grew up in this church and have seen it change and grow so much.  It's a little strange to have so many roles in the church...child going through Sunday school, awana, etc, then a youth in the youth group, then a college student trying to figure out who I was, then a young single working gal still trying to figure out who I was, and then a wife and now a mom.  Bethany isn't perfect, but no church is.  I am thankful to be a part of this church and so thankful that they have welcomed and loved my husband like they do me. 

#12...I am thankful for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.  This time of year is really special to me and brings me great joy.  There is just a warmth about this time of year that brings family together.  I love decorating and listening to Christmas music.  I love picking out special things to give to the people we love and I love spending time together.  The movies are fun and the food is good too. 

#13...I am thankful the my husband is in the medical field.  This may sound silly but it gives me a huge sense of peace knowing that he knows quite a bit about medical stuff and can usually make great judgment calls on whether or not our kids need more attention then what we can offer them at home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment