Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankfulness

Every year when November comes many people on facebook begin saying one thing they are thankful for each day of the month.  Instead of doing this on facebook I thought I would do it on my blog.  But I won't be getting on here every day to do it but instead I'll post every few days with my thankful thoughts for each day. 

It is very easy to get bogged down with life.  Life isn't always easy and sometimes the mundane day to day living stuff can make us forget or just get too busy to be thankful.  I really have so much to be thankful for though and putting it here, on this family blog, seemed to be a great place to put it.  That way someday my kids can look back at this and know what their mommy was truly thankful for. 

November 2013...
#1...I am beyond thankful for my husband.  He really does make me happy.  Marriage has not been a walk in the park every day but it also has not been difficult to love him.  I am very thankful for that.  Even on our bad days, off days, or sad days, it has not been difficult to love him.  That is a blessing.  He is very considerate of me and my feelings and always puts his family first.  Now that is a man!  Thank you Lord for bringing Jay to me for life.

#2...I am so thankful for my kids.  Tears come to my eyes as I write that sentence.  What an amazing gift Carter and Madelynn have been to me.  Carter is sweet, spunky, and fun.  Madelynn is tenderhearted, sensitive, and sweet.  These two make me better and challenge me to continue to be better.  As I write this I hear Madelynn just waking up from her nap and quietly talking to herself in her crib.  Precious.  It doesn't get much better than that.  And the fact that Carter is sleeping in his bed right now is priceless ;)  I love my kids.  They have richly blessed my life.

#3...I am thankful for this cold and somewhat wet Sunday afternoon.  Church this morning and then lunch and then I put the kids down for naps and curled up on the couch with a blanket, pillow, movie, and Halloween candy.  It was very nice to curl up on the couch in a very quiet and peaceful house and rest for a little while.  Something so little but yet full of blessing.  Now I will go snuggle with my little girl who is done with her nap and ready to get out of her bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment