Monday, November 4, 2013

Spokane

At the beginning of October my mom and I decided we should take a quick trip up to Spokane to visit family.  I honestly don't know why but we just felt like we wanted to.  Jay needed to stay home and work because our California trip was just one week after we got back from Spokane so he couldn't be taking more vacation time.  So my mom and I packed up the van and headed off to Spokane for a long weekend.  It was fun to get away, do something fun with the kids and visit family. 
 

We went to a pumpkin patch while we were there with some of the family.  The kids had a blast!
 



I know I posted too many pictures of this shot but I could not get them to both look and smile at the same time.  So in each of these I love one of their faces. 
 





Feeding the sheep.  Madelynn loves sheep right now.  She was a little nervous but loved seeing them.
 

 
She also loved the swing.
 

Priceless!
 





Carter was in hog heaven to get to ride a pony.
 
 






Carter even helped Aunt Sandy pick some apples.
 



 
The best I could get of them in the apple orchard.  Why do I even try?
 


Uncle John fell asleep and Carter got cozy on him while playing the Kindle.
 

 

Aunt Lori and Uncle Don still have a few toys from their kids' childhood.  I spent a lot of my time over at their house growing up and I remember playing with all of these toys.  This bus was one of my favorite toys and both my kids LOVED it!  Especially Madelynn!
 

Carter and Uncle Don talking on their phones.  They were playing  a silly game.
 


Don was telling Carter things to say that were just funny.
 


 

Madelynn and my cousin Amy.
 

Krispy Kreme donuts!
 






My cousin Kyle won Madelynn over within minutes of him coming over just by offering to read her a book.  That is all it takes for my daughter to fall in love with you.
 
 





Carter was showing uncle Don the farting noises on the Kindle.  They both thought that was pretty funny and the rest of us were cracking up at the two of them.
 




 
Loved visiting my family!  We also got to go see my brother Jacob at Whitworth but I completely forgot to take pictures :(  Such a bummer.  It was fun seeing him and where he is living though!  It was a great trip.  The kids travelled superbly!  I couldn't believe how well they did in the car!  They slept great too.  It all made for a nice trip.  Just a few days after we got home though Jay and I were off to California without the kids for a week.  California post coming soon!  Prepare yourself now...If you thought this post had a lot of pictures...Ha!  Just wait until the California post ;)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment