Saturday, July 6, 2013

He Did It!

My brother Jacob graduated from high school last month.  We are proud of him for getting to this day!  It is a big deal to be done with high school and moving into the rest of your life.  He is going to Whitworth in Spokane in the fall and will be playing football.  I hope college is a life changing experience for him and that he enjoys it and makes good use of his time there!  College is where I found me and I hope he does the same.  Way to go Jacob!
 

The kids got to come to the graduation ceremony with us.  Those big high school ceremonies are long but the kids did really well.  We didn't know it but this day was the beginning of Madelynn's bad stomach virus that put her in the hospital one week later.  She had thrown up the night before but we just assumed it was a fluke thing because she didn't have anything else going on.  Well, the next morning we left for La Grande and she threw up many, many more times over the next few days.  You sure can't tell from that smile though that she was sick.  And seriously, I fed her a McDonalds chicken nugget.  Ugh.  Bad mom moment.  I would not have done that if I knew what the next few days would hold.  Oh well, I had no idea she was going to get so sick.
 

Jacob is the tallest one in the middle of the line of kids.
 

Getting his diploma.
 


My Aunt Ronda and Carter.  She was talking in the picture above but it was cute of Carter so I threw it on here anyway.
 




Jacob's best friend Cole.  They have been best friends since elementary school and has gone on quite a few of our California family vacations.  We love Cole too!
 





 
Way to go Jacob!  We are proud of you and we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment