Sunday, February 24, 2013

Random Fun

Who doesn't love playing the drums on pots and pans?  These kids sure love it!
 




Potty training started just a few weeks ago and is still going great!  He has accidents every once in a while but for the most part he has completely surprised and impressed me!  Today he even went in two public bathrooms (super gross but necessary) and handled it like a champ!  Proud of my boy!
 
In the beginning we would have him do stuff while sitting on the potty so that he would sit long enough to actually do something.  So he watched Minnie (Mickey's clubhouse), eat dinner, read books, play with his tractors...
 


Carter found daddy's fire helmet and loves to where it around the house.  He even likes wearing it while playing the Kindle.


It's also super fun to wear it while going pee :)  He will hate me someday for this picture!
 

And reading is a great past time while on the potty!
 


Silly boy...
We always find him sleeping in the funniest ways.  This time he was sleeping sideways in bed on top of George (the huge gorilla) with his foot up on his bed rail.
 

Valentines Day...
Valentine's Day didn't exactly go the way I had imagined.  We decided to make it a family day.  We got them a balloon and one little special treat.  They enjoyed that.
 



Looking at their cards and special treat.  Madelynn's was just baby food in a fun drinkable pouch.  She loved it!  Carter got a little box of chocolates.
 

Then Grandma came over and gave the kids a little gift.  She loved her bear and he loved his Cars coloring book.
 



I watched my friend Jessie's little guy Finley that afternoon and the kids had so much fun playing with him!  These pictures just crack me up!
 











I pretty much cooked for six hours that day while watching Finley and working with Naomi on school.  I started with appetizers...lettuce wraps.  These are seriously good!  And they actually turned out. 
 
I also worked on two desserts that I wanted to try for our treat for Valentine's Day. 
 

Homemade brownies that I did in heart shapes with sprinkles...
They were disgusting!  I don't know what happened.  They were really gross.  Jay loves brownies and he couldn't do these.  Major fail!
My second dessert was a strawberry lemonade bar.  It looked so good and it was pink, perfect for Valentine's Day. 
I have no idea what happened but after baking it was a gooey, mushy mess and didn't set up at all.
Second major fail. 
At this point I had been working on food for six hours.  I still had planned to make a spicy Asian chicken and homemade fried rice. 
I was done!
I wanted nothing more to do with the kitchen or food so I called it quits.  Our dinner was the lettuce wraps, we put the kids to bed, pulled our mattress out to the living room and watched tv. 
Not how I pictured our nice family Valentine's Day but oh well.  Next year we are going out!
 

They were playing in Madelynn's crib and Carter kept giving her huge hugs.
 

For some reason Max was hanging out in the tub and the kids just loved it.  Poor Max.  They were driving him nuts!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment