Friday, March 1, 2013

My Carter man is THREE!

Three years...
How did we get here?
These last three years have been the best years of my life.  I keep thinking about turning 30 in a few short months and it freaks me out a bit.  But then I remind myself that I am exactly where I always hoped I would be in life at this point.  I have a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally, a super fun and sweet three year old little boy, and a beautiful baby girl.  What more could a girl ask for?
 
Carter has immensely blessed and enriched our lives.  Putting into words what this little boy means to us seems almost trivial.  He is amazing.  I know I am his mom and most moms think their kid is amazing but I am seriously beyond blessed to be the mom to this sweet boy.  I love him so much. 
 
 
I mean, holy moly...this kid is cute :)
So here is what our Carter man has been up to in the last year...
 
He went from a toddler to a kid.  He literally changed overnight.  At two I could write a list of words that he could say.  Today, he can say every single word in the English language ;)  If he doesn't know what something means, he asks.  He wants to know what every word means!  And he has ears of...well, something that has amazing hearing...
This kid hears everything we say, even when we are trying to talk quietly in the car.  "What's you say mama?"  That is what I hear all day long.  And if he doesn't know what it means he says, "what's that mean, mama?"  He hates not understanding something.  He speaks in full sentences and can have very normal conversations with everyone.  It has been very fun hearing him talk and tell stories.  We love hearing him tell stories.  Right now though he also loves to say "you tell me" when we ask him about something.  Me- "Carter, what did you do today?"  Carter- "You tell me."  He says that a lot even when he fully knows how to answer the question.
 


A few of Carter's favorite things...
He loves his blankie!
He could eat Cutie oranges all day long.
He loves his morning waffle.
He is obsessed with anything construction, ambulances, fire trucks, tractors, and trucks.
He loves the movie Cars and can't get enough of Mater.
He loves his grandparents and talks about them all the time.
He loves his sister and talks so sweet to her.
He still loves reading books.
He is in his happy place when we are outside and could be out there all day if we let him.
He still can't watch enough of Mickey's clubhouse which he calls "Minnie."
He loves going to Sunday school and adores his two teachers, teacher Nora and Mrs. James.
His new favorite game to play is hide and seek and loves to hide from us.
He likes getting coins and putting them in his bank.
He loves riding the little rides at the mall and things it is unbelievably special when we actually put the money in the machine so that it moves.  He is just as content sitting on them.
He still loves stuffed animals and rotates through many of them for his favorite at the moment.
He loves riding his bike and playing out in the garage.
 
A few of Carter's least favorite things...
He really doesn't like taking a nap and doesn't most days :(
He doesn't like being told that it is time to be done with something that he loves.
Being told to stop playing so that he can go potty.
He really doesn't love getting his picture taken.
 
The big excitement that happened this year (just a few weeks ago) is that he is now potty trained!  He isn't perfect at it yet but he is doing so well!  He wears pull-ups for nap and diapers at night but during waking hours he is in underware all the time, even when we leave the house.  We have been so proud of him!  He handled this transition so much better than the last big transition, switching from his crib to his big boy bed.  What a nightmare!
 
He weighs about 33 pounds, has blue eyes which are here to stay, and blond hair that is starting to darken up.  He is friendly and personable at times and shy and quiet at other times.  He is feisty!  He NEVER stops talking!  I am not kidding, this kid can talk for hours straight.  He has quite the imagination and has started pretending to do things and will even talk as two different people.
 
Such a good big brother.  He really loves her and is so good to her.  He has his moments where he isn't super great to her.  Especially now that she likes to be doing whatever he is doing.  She just gets into his stuff and wants to play with all his toys and he does not like that!
 

The next picture was taken on his second birthday.  I am amazed at how grown up he looks now compared to just one year ago.  He just looks like a baby.  And his hair is so light. 
 
 
This would be the biggest thing that happened to him during the last year...he became a big brother.  And he is handeling the responsibility very well!
 
 
He is silly.  So silly.  He loves to make us laugh.  He is also unbelievably stubborn!  He is trying our patience often and really digs in his heals when he wants or doesn't want something.  Carter is helping us learn how to be better parents for the rest of our kids.  Ha!  We are trying things and then trying new things when those don't work.  And then trying even more things when those don't work.  I used to always hear the terrible twos are the hardest but many lately have been telling me that three is harder.  The two's weren't overly easy and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier as we hit three.  I know his personality will lend itself to being a great leader someday but right now we are trying really hard to help him learn to use it for good and not evil ;)  He has moments of superior obedience and other times of complete disobedience and naughtiness!  I'm pretty sure that is normal but still emotionally exhausting.
 
 
And he is always so cute when we go and check on him after he falls asleep.  He is often in very funny positions. 
 
 
There are so many more things I am sure I am missing!  It is hard to sum up an entire year in a blog post.  We love this kid and love how much he is teaching us and bringing joy to our lives.  I hardly even remember what it was like before Carter was in our lives.
 
Carter man...
Yes, I still call you Carter man.  I really don't know why but it is habit.  I cannot even believe how much you are growing up.  You are so fun and bring such joy and excitement to our lives.  We are so proud of you and who you are becoming.  You are a special young man, Carter and we love you so much!  You have made our lives so much better!  We are so blessed to be your mama and daddy.  You have started calling me mommy lately which feels like such a milestone to me.  It means you really are growing up.  We love you Carter! 
 
 
 


    

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment