Saturday, October 26, 2013

1st Day of Pre-school!

Carter started preschool this year.  This felt like a massive transition for us as a family that I really struggled with.  The decision to even do preschool was a hard one for me because I had always thought that if I was able to be home with my kids and not work then I would just work on preschool stuff with them at home and they didn't need to go to school for it.  Since that was what I had stuck in my head it was hard for me to change my thinking process completely when we started talking about doing preschool.  We happened to be at a church potluck type thing and the other families at the table started talking about Beth McCain who used to go to our church and does preschool out of her home.  I thought that she was retiring so it never crossed my mind to check in to see about preschool.  The others told me that she was not retiring and that she was amazing!  That got us talking and thinking about the option to do preschool and after a phone call and a visit to her house, we were sold.  I do not think that preschool is completely necessary but we felt that it was a good decision for Carter.  We have been so happy with our decision!  He LOVES school!  He goes to Beth's house two mornings a week for 2 1/2 hours and there are only seven kids in his class altogether.  It is just perfect.  He is having so much fun and learning so much.  It has also given me a great opportunity to spend a little time one on one with my girl. 
 

Carter was a little nervous about preschool the morning of but he got over it quick. 
 




 






Carter was almost exactly 3 1/2 years old when he started preschool.
 






He was one happy boy when he walked into her house and saw a ton of cars and trucks for him to play with.  We all know what this boy loves.
 

This is his teacher, Mrs. McCain.
 

 
And now we do school for the rest of his life...
At least that is what it feels like ;)
 
Happy first day of preschool buddy!  We love you and are so proud of you!  You are one amazing little man!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment