Thursday, May 9, 2013

Easter...finally!

Here I am finally with our Easter pictures.  This might be the farthest behind I have been on my blog.  Easter was great this year while being very relaxing.  We did church together and even were blessed to have Jay with us.  He did a vacation day so that we could do Easter as a family.  We put the kids down for naps and I cooked our Easter lunch.  We ate a yummy ham lunch, did a little Easter egg hunt in the front yard for Carter, did Easter baskets and then just relaxed together.
 

Of course we did the matching outfits.  These pictures are a little bright (possibly over edited just a tad) but Jay and I have the green and the kids have the purple.  I LOVED the kids' Easter outfits this year.  Oh man, they looked good!
 

Madelynn's first Easter basket.  She got a girly car to race with Carter, a book, pink jammies, and cute shoes.  What more could a little girl ask for?
 

Carter got some fun stuff...bubbles, grabber thingy, Curious George book, and Lightening McQueen that races on water.  What more could a little boy ask for?
 


Trying to put her new shoes on...
 

 I asked Carter to show me his grabber for a picture and instead of turning around he just held it up.
 

I think she was checking to se if there was anything else in there...
 


Reading her new book...
 


Easter egg hunt in the front yard.
 




She didn't like the grass on her legs.  She kept trying to pull her legs up off the grass.
 




Getting a great picture of the two of them together is IMPOSSIBLE!  This is what I got...
 










Some of our lunch...
 



This girl is obsessed with her two blankies!  She had a few moments after lunch where she was just sitting on the floor playing with her blankies.
 




So much fun to be had with a small square blankie.
 

And we ended the day with Skyping for the first time.  My mom was in LaGrande so we tried skyping and it worked great.  Carter really loved this!
 
 
I really do enjoy Easter and all the fun that goes with it.  I love getting new matching outfits and dressing up for church, Easter baskets, yummy ham meals, Easter egg hunts, Spring weather, etc.  This year though we really worked hard to teach our kids what Easter is really about.  Jesus Christ died on a cross for us but He did not stay dead!  On that third day He rose again to live for eternity with our Heavenly Father. This is quite the concept to teach a three year old but it is the foundation of our faith!  Carter always asks questions like why Jesus died and how He got out of the rock.  I love that he is interested and so curious.  Someday he will fully comprehend what Christ did for him.  That will be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment