Friday, June 28, 2013

She's 15 Months!

Madelynn turned 15 months on the 20th.  I'm only a few days late :)  Here are some picture of her over the last month.  I haven't done a little photo shoot with her in a while because it just isn't easy anymore.  It is time to try again though!  Hopefully by 16 months I'll have a fun little photo shoot to share.  She has changed a lot in the last month and is acting more and more like a toddler every day. 
 
She got to enjoy her very first whole wheat waffle for breakfast a few weeks back and is now obsessed with them!  This has been Carter's main breakfast for well over two years and the love for waffles has passed on to Madelynn.  I know I could do better for breakfast but at least it is whole wheat.  I really like easy food for breakfast so that I can take a shower while they are content with their waffle watching cartoons.  It is a good tradition for us around here.  The pictures below are from the first time she had one.
 


This girl is also obsessed with smoothies.  Any kind of smoothie.  From an actual place or our homemade ones.  She sucks them down!  We make a lot of smoothies at home with lots of super good and healthy stuff in them and she will drink a full glass all by herself.  It makes me feel a little less guilty when we go a whole day with no veggies.  At least she had her smoothie which always has a lot of spinach in it.  The Jamba Juice was actually mine but I couldn't get it out of her hands.  She is typically a pretty good eater although lately she hasn't been loving my dinners :(  But besides not eating much of the main dish that I make she will eat all day long if I let her.  She loves string cheese, any kind of cracker, raspberries, blueberries, smoothies, waffles, grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, bread, bananas, and yogurt.





She is a little daredevil!  She loves taking chances and is really starting to climb and try new things.  Except for walking.  She still refuses to walk!  We try everything.  Holding her hands and walking or having her walk between mama and daddy.  She actually gets mad.  She wants nothing to do with it.  It is very possible that she will turn two and still not walk.  She is a stubborn little girl!  Just like her brother.  How do I raise two stubborn kids?  What did I do wrong? ;)  She absolutely loves sitting on chairs by herself.  She loves sitting on Carter's bench and his bean bag chair.  Any time we are all sitting around in chairs, she wants her own chair.  And she gets so excited and proud of herself when she sits in the chair.  She also loves sitting up on the couch.  I have pretty much gotten over my fear of her falling off the couch and will just leave her up there until she hollers for me to get her off.  She has never fallen off and does so well on the couch.  She loves to crawl from one end to the other and then sit back down.  She also loves to watch out the front window.  She gets so excited when she sees birds.  She points and yells. 
 


She has the sweetest personality and yet can be very sassy too.  If she gets mad about something her newest thing is to scratch at us.  She will scratch at our face or our arm.  I hate it!  I have started spanking her hand when she does it which just breaks her heart.  She looks at me like she just can't believe I would do that to her.  It doesn't even hurt.  They are very gentle will spankings.  I mean, she is only one.  But then she has this other side to her, which is what we see most often, where she gives us the sweetest smiles with her adorable shoulder shrug all the time.  She shrugs her shoulders, tilts her head, and smiles a smile that lights up her face.  She also loves to give kisses and offers them up freely all the time.  You don't even have to ask for one.  She will just randomly look up at you and lean in to kiss.  It melts me every time!  She gives her daddy the most kisses and is completely and totally a daddy's girl.  This kid loves her daddy! 
 
I was trying to get a picture of her in her new jammies.  She does not sit still for pictures!
 



I gave her a piece of cheese and she decided to break it into a bunch of little pieces all over my couch.  No more cheese on the couch for this little miss.  This would be her little sassy self. 
 

 
The last time she was weighed, which was just over two weeks ago, she weighed 16.4 lbs.  She had lost about a half a pound because she was in the middle of a horrible stomach virus that ended up putting her in the hospital.  I'll have a separate post about that soon.  Carter was 21 pounds at 9 months old.  Madelynn was 16 pounds at 14 months.  Crazy.  Carter wasn't huge either.  She is one tiny little lady!  She eats a ton though so I am not worried about her at all.  She wears mostly size 12 month clothes now and is still in a size 3 diaper. 
 
She is an amazing sleeper!  Sometimes she still fusses for a few minutes before falling asleep but she is sleeping anywhere from 12 to 14 hours almost every night and takes one 2 hour nap each day.  Lately she has been sleeping in so late in the mornings (like 9 or even later) that we have been skipping her morning nap.  This might mean we are officially done with two naps.  This is about when Carter stopped taking a morning nap.  I always love nap time but I do enjoy when that morning nap is done.  It makes it a lot easier to do things during the day.  It also means that both kids sleep at the same exact time for the afternoon nap.  We are officially done nursing and stopped right at 14 1/2 months.  We were down to just one feeding right before bed each night and when she got the horrible stomach virus I was too afraid to nurse her because she wasn't keeping anything down.  And we were in La Grande, so I just tried a night without it and she didn't even seem to notice.  We were just done.  I am so thankful that God allowed me to nurse both of my kids for such a great amount of time but that the weaning process was also very easy and smooth.  
 
Madelynn Grace, we love you so much!  You are so special.  I love seeing your personality come out even with the not so great stuff, like scratching our face :)  You are showing us who you are and what you want to say about life.  And I like that.  I still feel like you are a little baby because you are so petite.  I think it is making me feel like my baby is a baby longer and I am loving that.  You make me laugh and smile all day long!  Your kisses melt me.  You are such a precious little girl.  We pray for you daily that you will grow into a happy, healthy, amazing young woman with a heart for God.  We love you so much Madelynn Grace.   

No comments:

Post a Comment