Friday, September 11, 2015

Mason is FIVE Months Old!




Each month just seems to go faster and faster.  My last baby needs to slow down!  It's sad knowing he is my last baby and the time just seems to fly by.  He is just the sweetest baby.  Everyone that talks to him always asks me if he is always that happy.  Unless he is hungry or tired...he typically is.  He loves to smile at everyone!  He has big beautiful blue eyes that sparkle when he smiles.  I love it.




He is rolling over but still can't get his arm out from under him.  Which I suppose means he isn't technically rolling over yet.  But he is all the way on his belly with his arm stuck.  I'm sure it will be any day that he figures out how to get his arm out.




We introduced rice cereal this week.  He tolerates it but doesn't seem overly excited about it.  And it doesn't seem to be helping him sleep longer.  In my last monthly blog post I could honestly say he was sleeping through the night.  Not anymore :(  Last night he went to bed about 8 and then woke up at 11:30 and 4:30.  That 11:30 time is not acceptable!  ;)  I am ready for him to go back to sleeping through the night again.  He has started putting himself to sleep though!  I am now able to lay him down awake and he falls asleep.  One of my biggest goals for my babies!



He loves his jump a roo and jumps like crazy in that thing.  He also loves laying down on the floor and scooting around on his back and attempting to roll.  He loves smiling and giggling at his brother and sister who are both smitten with him.  Every morning as soon as Mason wakes up, Carter climbs in his crib with him and plays with him.  Mason loves it!  I am praying those two boys have a great friendship!  He is also liking the bumbo and sitting up more now.  He still sleeps great in his swing but is also sleeping either on our bed or in his crib great too!  He is in his crib at night but often takes naps on our bed so that Carter can still play in his room during the day.  As soon as he starts rolling over that will have to end.  He isn't as excited about being in his car seat anymore.  Sad.  He falls asleep great in it but if he isn't super sleepy, he'd rather not be in it.



He is wearing 3-6 month clothes but is quickly moving into 6 or 6-9 month stuff.  He is also still in size two diapers but will move into 3's as soon as he runs out of what we have.

He loves having a blankie on him and rubbing it on his face, especially when he is tired.  He is starting to play with toys and is now able to hold them and put them into his mouth.  He has one tooth that has popped through and has a second one almost through!  I can see it under the gums.  He has been handling the teething thing pretty well though.  He just frantically wants anything in his mouth that he can get.



He broke out in baby acne all over his body after I attempted to get rid of his cradle cap with olive oil.  I'll never do that again.  People said it clogged his pores.  My first baby that didn't have baby acne and then I cause it to happen with olive oil.  I think it is getting better finally!  Hoping it goes away completely soon.  He had such beautiful skin!

He really seems to be the typical third baby with a laid back personality who goes with the flow most of the time.  I am so thankful for that!

We love our happy, smiley, giggly little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment