Thursday, December 4, 2014

Funny Madelynn

Madelynn loves to jump to me when I am waiting on her bedroom floor to change her diaper.  She just cannot walk to me.  She must jump.  She thinks it's so funny.  The other day we are in this typical routine...I'm sitting on her bedroom floor waiting patiently while she jumps from the living room to her bedroom.  As she rounds the corner into her room still jumping she said in her sweet cute voice, "this is harder than it looks."  Precious.  So worth sitting in her room waiting for her to jump to me.  And so funny.  Where do kids learn these things?


In other news, tomorrow I am 19 weeks pregnant!  That means two very exciting things.  1. I am almost exactly half way to meeting this precious little one.  2.  We find out if we are having a girl or a boy TOMORROW!!!  We are so excited to know who this baby is growing inside of me.  We have decided to take both of our kids to our ultrasound.  I hope that is the right choice.  I hope they behave and I just pray that our baby is healthy and there is no bad news that has to be delivered in front of them. 


And then on a completely different note...I am so tired.  I don't ever remember feeling this tired this far along into pregnancy with my others.  I guess it could be because I am trying to keep up with two young kids at home while growing a human being inside of me.  Kind of a big deal.  Or the fact that we have busy schedules with church stuff, working here and there, growth groups, friends, keeping up on our house, etc.  Life is busy.  Life can be hard.  Today I have felt a little down as I went about the mundane and normal routine of being a wife and mom.  I actually get angry at myself when I feel down.  I have an amazing husband who loves me dearly, two beautiful healthy funny kids, a wonderfully warm, cozy, small, and old house that I love, great friends and family, a great church, and a Savior who loves me even at my worst.  How could I ever feel down?  But it still happens.  Sometimes I wonder if it is the weather.  As much as I love winter, I do seem to be in better spirits when the sun is shining.  And today especially has been dark and dreary with non stop rain.  I could just chalk it up to that.  And of course I do need to remind myself that I am also growing a human being inside of me that can easily cause my hormones to go wacko.  I suppose it is normal to have a down day in the middle of winter while pregnant.  But I still hate it.  I have so much to be thankful and joyful about.  And it is my favorite time of the year!  I LOVE Christmas and the warmth that it brings.  It occurred to me today though that it is already four days into December and I need to get on top of the fun things I like to do every Christmas.  This year I'm hoping to help the kids make Christmas ornaments for all the grandparents.  And of course there's the cookie making, Christmas light driving, wrapping gifts, singing Christmas songs, watching every Christmas movie possible (thank you Hallmark movie channel), and then the most important...sharing the true story of Christmas with my kids.  My goal this year is to slowly read through the Christmas story straight from the Bible.  Even if it means one verse a night until Christmas.  I haven't figured it out yet but up until this year we have only talked about it and read books that tell the story as a narrative.  It's time to read it straight from God's word and explain each verse to our kids.  I am excited to start that in the next few nights.  So with all that being said...I am tired, but I am blessed.  I am thankful for this life God has given me.  Even on these down days, I choose joy.  I am also thankful for this blog.  It is a place for me to write my feelings about my down day today and it is helping me choose joy. 


I did start another blog with a different blogging site but I don't like it.  So I am still working on things.  I have a friend who told me I just need to resize my pictures to put them in this blog.  I laughed at him and said would you like to do that for me?  He said of course.  So as soon as I can find some time to take our computer over to him to mess around with, I will hopefully have this blog back up and running fully again!   

No comments:

Post a Comment